Skip to content

UFC 116 Brock Lesnar VS Shane Carwin – Full Fight and Thoughts

July 3, 2010

Here it is, if the link breaks down I’ll fix it in a jiffy.

FULL MMA FIGHT VIDEO: Shane Carwin vs. Brock Le…, posted with vodpod

My thoughts below

I totally called this fight. I’ve said from the get go that Brock would win by submission in the second or third round. So imagine how I nearly had a heart attack when Carwin was pounding on him in the first round and for a few seconds all he did was turtle up. However, despite folks believing that Brock had no chin and no submissions, he took Carwin’s best and then choked him out. I was very relieved to see him using his wrestling in the second round.

I’m looking forward to Lesnar Vs Velasquez, I would imagine before years end.

As for Carwin, I would like to see him fight Cro-Cop or maybe Dos Santos (since Dos Santos is waiting for his shot at the title).

Next month, Silva VS Sonnen.

About these ads
22 Comments leave one →
  1. July 4, 2010 5:51 am

Shane doesnt look that small compared to brock, fuck wat a shit week first fedor now shane, fucking bullshit

2. IamT1 permalink
    July 4, 2010 6:11 am

Great Video!Stamina kept Brock in…Great Fight Carwin,your the Champion of sportsmanship!

3. Vex permalink
    July 5, 2010 2:00 am

Are you serious? Carwin made Lesnar his bitch that night. Lesnar gets lucky with a pussy charge resulting in a takedown. I was laughing my ass off when Carwin trashed him the whole first round. Fight should’ve been stopped several times when Lesnar didn’t even know where the fuck he was. Is this your fucking champ? LOL. And to all Fedor shit talking look at your fucking wannabe “baddest man on the planet” getting rolled in the octagon. I spit on Lesnar he’s a joke. ROFL. Brock having a chance against Fedor? Um no. What a fucking joke. Big and dumb fighter. Fuck Lesnar and fuck all you nuthuggers./ Lesnar cannot fight gtfo back to fake wrestling. Bitches

• Dallas permalink
      July 5, 2010 3:14 pm

Vex you obviously know NOTHING about MMA, while I’m not a Lesnar fan, he was still fighting back the entire time. Good job by Rosenthal. Sounds like your just pissed off because you just found out that Lesnar is legit as a fighter, and you can’t fucking stand it. GET A FUCKING LIFE VEX!

• Derrick permalink
      July 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Excuse me but if your trying to say Brock doesnt have a chance against Fedor you need to get your head out of your ass and look at Fedors last fight in which he got his ass handed to him in the first fuckin round by a dude that Brock would eat alive shit him out and then piss on his bones! You really gotta love these stupid ass people who know absolutely know nothing about the sport! You pussies just go along with everyone else so it looks like you know something! You need to go rent all the mma videos you can find and watch all of them five times and maybe you might have a fucking clue….MAYBE! By the way I’m not a big fan of Brock but you have to respect his ability he’s a freak and he won’t be going anywhere for quite some time. The only one who has a chance of taking him down is Shane. I really don’t think Kane Velasquez will be able to pull it off, but anythings possible in this sport.

• EGG Salad permalink
      July 23, 2010 3:40 am

hah. no one thought Brock Lesnar would beat Shane Carwin either. but look what happened bitch. so don’t talk shit when you have no idea. pussy. watch Lesnar kill Fedor.

4. Anti-Vex permalink
    July 5, 2010 3:41 am

Vex, get a drink and relax bud, you sound like you’re a tad obsessive about this….it’s just a sport.

BTW, should I add in some colorful language or can your tiny mind grasp what I said without it?

5. Boi permalink
    July 5, 2010 4:55 am

While it was close to stopping, maybe 1 out of every 5 punches got through when Brock was on his back. I wouldn’t want to take even 1 in 5 of Carwin’s punches, but the ref was right not to stop it. If his arms had went limp for a sec or 3+ hard hits in a row got cleanly through that’s when you stop it.

I’m not a Brock fan, but when down and being punished he did a better job or surviving than Mir did, and Brock survived that Carwin uppercut which dropped Mir in the previous fight.

Good fight, each guy did what he did best, and it almost went to Carwin, who certainly appeared to punch himself out.

6. Agrees with Vex permalink
    July 6, 2010 2:24 am

Vex is absolutely right. He might have made it a little more colorful than necessary with his language, but he is right. Brock won, but Carwin was the better fighter. I think the referee did the right thing in not stopping the fight, but I have seen fights stopped with less punishment. So it is not entirely wrong to say that the fight could have been stopped. Carwin beat Lesnar so bad, he was exhausted. 2nd round started and Lesnar throws his weight into an exhausted Carwin and got a lil weak arm triangle to finish him. If you ask me, a champ does not take the humiliation Lesnar took in the first round. He talks way too big to get man handled the way he did by an actual smaller fighter. Good job Carwin, Lesnar sorry but you STILL haven’t’ proved squat to me yet. I’d take Keith Jardine over Lesnar in my faction any day.

7. Lesnar > Carwin permalink
    July 7, 2010 3:43 am

All you people saying Carwin is a better fighter, are delusional. If he was a good fighter, would he waste all his energy in the first 2 minutes of the fight? No.

It’s a sport of tactics, and Lesnar just happened to be handed the biggest advantage in the world in the form of Carwin blowing his load early on… simple as that.

To put it in layman’s terms, Carwin fucked up, Lesnar took advantage, Carwin got choked the fuck out.

Quit being sore losers, even Carwin himself has better sportsmanship than you do.

• MMAKING permalink
      July 14, 2010 12:46 am

Actually brockks corner told him carwin was tired, they saved brocks life. You should have to fight by yourself and no corner talk. I really wanted carwin to win, he put it to brock but like always, brocks size saves him in all his fights.

8. Jusso80 permalink
    July 7, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks for posting this fight!! A little dissappointed that Carwin lost, it was sooo close to being over in the first. Great sportsmenship displayed by both Carwin and Brock, is it just me or does anyone else think Brocks illness scare him a bit?? He seemed much more humble…

9. Shorty permalink
    July 9, 2010 8:28 pm

even do brock won carwin was better beacsue brock was tired in didnt want to fight and carwin did want to fight soo yea carwin woped him.

• Rene permalink
      July 13, 2010 12:43 am

I don’t agree with your comment…”beacsue brock was tired in didnt want to fight and carwin did want to fight soo yea carwin woped him”….This sport is not only striking, it is every fighting style. Brock went into this fight to take it on the ground and submit him. After the fight, brock and his team admitted to practicing the arm triangle to submit Shane. He did want to fight, just not Stand-up because Shane obviously has a huge advantage over brock with that. Look at GSPs fights, if GSP ever feels he might get out struck he will wrestle his way into victory ala Matt Serra and Dan Hardy.

10. Shorty permalink
    July 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Cool fight.

I really want to see Lesnar V Fedor. I don’t pick sides, I really don’t care who wins, I just think it’s cool to watch.

Would be cool to see Lesnar V Nogueira too, but Nogueira is past his prime.

11. Shorty permalink
    July 12, 2010 7:05 pm

ok,
    Honestly,
    Fedor has a lot more power than Carwin and is used to long complicated fights. I’ll dare to say Lesnar would not survive Fedor’s ground and pound that Carwin couldn’t deliver properly. Just my feeling, each fight is unique.

12. vex iz dumb permalink
    July 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Lesnar is the best heavyweight fighter in the world, fedor is ass, carwin is good but lesnar beat him, n now next in line is Cain Velasquez but he shouldnt be to hard for lesnar

13. maiviamun permalink
    July 19, 2010 5:05 pm

what the F*&%… I say to you nay-sayers… double Rock Bottom to lesnar & carwin, simultaneously… BOOOM

14. July 26, 2010 2:17 am

Great fight! Brock was fortunate and Shane was SO CLOSE to a victory with no first round stoppage. I’ve seen many fights stopped earlier for less punishment. Both are powerful fighters with unique skills. Can’t wait for their next battle!

15. sam permalink
    July 26, 2010 3:32 am

This is honestly one of those fights you see the victor go to the wrong the person.

It would’ve been a great fight if there hadn’t been a dumbass referee to not call a TKO when Brock was squirming on the ground.

Just my opinion, but I think the victor always goes out to the fighter who performs better. After seeing the fight between Shane and Brock, I wasn’t too dissappointed that Carwin lost because Lesnar got his ass handed to him…. again, and he got it handed to him by an absolute monster whose had 11 victories due to knockouts. And all in less than 2 minutes.

So what if Carwin got choked out? A lot of great fighters have lost by submission. ITS JUST A FACT. We’ve all seen Brock tap out in his first fight against Frank Mir.

I’m not a Lesnar fan at all. I just don’t like the guy, I don’t like the way he fights, and I don’t like the fact that he talks shit and calls Rany Couture aka Captain America ”a stepping stone”. You call anyone that, you deserve to get knocked out.

All in all, good fight, I still think that Shane Carwin performed better and won the fight, I hope there’s a rematch, and …. **** Brock.

16. August 20, 2010 9:54 pm

OK, I have seen some pretty dumb post and some pretty good ones. Carwin fought a hell of a fight, I don’t question that one bit. He did win the first round, and I dont question that. The thing is is that he didn’t win it enough. When a fighter is on his back getting hit from the top if he is covering up and not taking serious shots, and he hasn’t gone limp it is still an active fighter. Therefore the ref does not stop the fight due to the fighter not being in any serious trouble. That if the situation that occured in round one. That is the reason there was no stoppage. On the subject of Carwin being a better fighter than Lesnar, well maybe he’s a better striker, but as far as a better fighter I don’t think so. I good fighter is well rounded in every angle of fighting, (striking, grappling, submission, wrestling, etc) and the biggest thing that makes a true fighter is cardio and strength. Lesnar out did Carwin in that area bigger than shit. Shane got gassed ad Lesnar and his corner saw that, and they attacked it. So the fact is is that Lesnar was the better fighter that night and the real champ is the champ. So people need to read this and let it sink in good.

Trackbacks